My Invitations and Photo Cards at Zazzle


Design a personalized gift at Zazzle.

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Beginning

Every story must have a beginning and so too must every blog. This is my first blog and I am looking forward to the adventure.

If you stumbled upon this blog or found it on purpose, I am sure you wonder "What's up with the title?" Well, it is really very simple. Ever since I was a little girl I have written. All my life I thought I would be a writer someday. I have lots of poems and stories to prove that I enjoy writing! Then one day I started taking pictures and a friend commented on my natural talent in this area. I really did not pursue this avenue for years. When my daughter was born, I began to draw lots of characters just for her enjoyment. Then I really stopped doing anything creative for awhile. The urge hit me a few years ago when I started taking pictures again. Something stirred inside me when I got behind the camera. I pursued the possibility of selling photographs to greeting card companies and made a successful sale! A few years later I started to think about creating my own line of greeting cards. The economics of a venture like this on my own just did not seem justifiable. Then one day I found Greeting Card Universe. I thought I would make about 150 cards and that would be it. Well, it has been two and one half years and three thousand cards later and I am still creating cards! It is wonderful to have found a place where I can combine my artistic and writing talents.

More recently, I have opened up a shop at Zazzle featuring invitations especially for weddings and birthdays, but also other occasions.

It is a fun journey I am on. I do not know where it will take me, but I hope to enjoy the ride and spread a little beauty and love along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment